Contact Us

Use the form on the right to contact us.

You can edit the text in this area, and change where the contact form on the right submits to, by entering edit mode using the modes on the bottom right. 

3 Spital Yard
Spitalfields, , E1 6AQ
United Kingdom

020 7925 0199

The AHF appreciates that neglected buildings which are all too familiar in our towns, cities and countryside can, with a little imagination and a lot of enthusiasm, be rescued to become assets for their communities by people wanting to make a difference. The AHF has helped hundreds of organisations throughout the UK to do exactly that.

A different perspective.JPG.jpeg

Investment Priorities

We provide funds to  applicants across the UK seeking to acquire, reuse or redevelop buildings which are of historic or architectural importance - these may be buildings which are listed, in a conservation area, or may be of special significance to the community.

Who Can Apply?

To apply you must be a formally constituted and incorporated charity, community business or social enterprise whose members have limited liability. This includes:

  • Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs)

  • Charitable Companies Limited by Guarantee

  • Not-for-private-profit Companies Limited by Guarantee

  • Community Interest Companies (CICs) Limited by Guarantee

  • Community Benefit Societies

  • Parish and Town Councils; Community Councils (in Scotland and Wales)

If your organisation is not a registered charity then it must have an adequate dissolution clause or asset lock in place. [This is a provision in the governing document to protect its assets. It means that if the organisation is wound up any assets must be transferred to a similar not-for-profit organisation (or nominated  asset-locked body) once creditors have been paid.]

We will also accept applications from organisations working in partnership, including joint applications from voluntary sector groups with commercial partners. 


 The following are not eligible to apply for our funds:

  • Private individuals.

  • Unincorporated trusts or associations.

  • Local authorities and other public sector bodies.

  • For-private-profit companies, unless in a partnership led by incorporated charity, community business or social enterprise.

  • Churches or other places of worship, where the building will remain in use primarily as a place of religious worship.