Work with us
Applications for the following posts closed at midnight on 20th July 2016. No further applications will be accepted after that time.
The Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) is expanding its team of Support Officers in England. As a result of new funding from the UK Treasury and Historic England, the AHF is recruiting 5 specialist contracted freelancers on part-time contracts (120 to 150 days per year or 3 days per week on average) for a three-year period from September 2016.
The fee for this work is £30,500 per annum, including expenses.
Our Support Officers assist local communities who are seeking to rescue and re-utilise a historic building which they value. The AHF places particular emphasis on targeting help towards supporting community enterprises that wish to set up and/or grow their businesses in historic buildings, particularly those that are at risk and/or transferred from public ownership. Working as part of the Operations Team, each Support Officer will take a proactive approach to tackling heritage at risk by actively seeking out new projects and new types of beneficiaries of AHF support, in collaboration with Historic England's Heritage at Risk teams, the Heritage Lottery Fund and other partners.
We have identified some areas of specialist need which we wish to address through the recruitment of self-employed Support Officers with expertise in the following fields:
- Commercial or social lending, preferably including work with voluntary sector organisations, social enterprises, and/or SMEs
- Social finance, including Community Shares and SITR
- Business planning, preferably in the context of social enterprise
- Property management, including understanding of the community asset transfer process and community rights in relation to property
- Public relations, social media, marketing and community engagement
Experience of working in the heritage sector is not essential, although enthusiasm for the benefits of re-using historic buildings would be an advantage.
Location is negotiable but we anticipate that 2 of the posts will be based in the AHF’s London office at 3 Spital Yard, London, E1 6AQ. 3 posts will be home-based in one of the following English regions: North West, North East, Yorkshire & Humber, West Midlands.
Detailed briefs for each post can be downloaded here:
- Support Officer - Business Planning Speciality
- Support Officer - Loan Finance Speciality
- Support Officer - PR & Marketing Speciality
- Support Officer - Property Management Speciality
- Support Officer - Social Investment Speciality
This is a freelance/contracted post. Please email details of your company/self employed status and how you could meet the brief, indicating which role you are interested in, by midnight on Wednesday 20th July, to Gavin Richards [email@example.com].
Interviews to appoint contractors for these roles will take place in the week beginning 8th August at the offices of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings, 3 Spital Square, London, E1 6DY.